Sherlock

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
I'm recording all three to watch one after the other.

Just had a look at the BBC thread, and there's mixed reactions to this series.

There's a lot of dislike for the last 2 episodes out there, as well as people who loved them.

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Tonyblack said:
Yeah and all the fan fic writers who can't get over the fact that Sherlock and John aren't gay. :rolleyes:
Why do people want them to be gay? Bromances are to be encouraged, in my opinion.

Have avoided all spoilers.

:shifty:

Nomad

Lance-Constable
Jun 12, 2012
The end of the episode seemed a little sad to me. Like he was alone again. But still I loved the whole episode. A great part was when people were tearing up about the speech and Sherlock didn't understand why.
Looking forward to the third episode.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Oh that was so good! :laugh:

An interesting use of Mary, who in the books is said to be dead by the time Sherlock returns from faking his death. As she never existed in this version (as Mary), that sort of works. I predict that she and the child will die in the next few episodes . . . :eek: I remember thinking that Moriarty's death was a bit of a shame considering what a challenge he was for Sherlock. It will be interesting to see how they handle that. And Rupert Murdoch the super villain - I love it! :laugh:

Slantaholic

Lance-Corporal
Jun 1, 2013
UK
www.fanfiction.net
Why didn't Sherlock and John arrest her at the end remains a travesty IMO. She's a murderer and a spy - obviously so. She even called herself an assassin! I thought the whole series was a humour/crime drama.

Pity about Sherlock/John and Sherlock/Lestrade. :-( The woman Janine was hot in the wedding episode until the last ep.

I still think Sherlock is bi, and John is bi a bit. I don't think that Mary & baby can die in future eps, and Moriarty returning at the end was a bit like the Master sequence out of Doctor Who, to be expected.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sherlock and John didn't arrest her because they are not police - and no matter what she has done, John has feelings for her. Even Sherlock is prepared to shield her for John's sake.

Humour? It may be funny sometimes, but it is based on the books and there isn't too much humour in those.

I have no idea what you mean by: "Pity about Sherlock/John and Sherlock/Lestrade." :think: Or about Janine.

You think Sherlock and John are bi (sexual?) because you read and write fan fiction. Fan fiction writers tend to be obsessed with such things. Haven't you ever had a close friend the same gender as you, who you feel extremely close to without sexual attraction? Or even a friend of the opposite gender for that matter?

Has Moriarty returned? I didn't see him and really don't know what will happen regarding his message - was the message even from him?

I guess we'll have to wait and see - or make it up and write it down for other fan fictions readers. :hand:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Just to add that Holmes was only rarely interested in the legal stuff, just the intellectual exercise of solving the crime/problem and occasionally even let the perpetrator off in the interest of justice over the letter of the law. He also broke the law on frequent occasions to further his investigations. Watson very rarely rebuked Holmes for this disregard unless it involved manipulating innocent people in the furtherance of his investigations ('The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton' being a prime example as it also bears relevance to last nights episode as one of the intertwined story-lines from the books). :laugh:

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Don't get the obsession some people have with attributing gay or bisexual leanings to Sherlock and Watson. Its not there . Its not hinted at. Its not a subtle undertone. Its pretty much a fantasy in some peoples minds. If that's what they want to see enjoy it but its a fabrication of there own doing.
IS Moriarty back or is there someone using his image. I'd like to throw a wild guess that a certain female Irish character who has been quite interesting in the background might be stepping forward .

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
This episode seems to be largely based on the story: "Charles Augustus Milverton".

In that episode Sherlock gets engaged to a servant in the blackmailer's household, to the disgust of Watson.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
I had thought it was going to be His Last Bow because the episode was titled His Last Vow but you're definitely right Tony. They do tend to intertwine a few of the stories though and alter bits to keep it interesting.

User Menu

Newsletter