Sherlock

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Coming late to the game as usual, but I finally saw the 3rd season! :laugh: Really enjoyed all of the episodes.

Loved the wedding speech! That whole episode made me laugh out loud many times. And I love the Mary twist in the last episode. I really liked her character a lot. Tony, I hope you're wrong about she and the baby dying, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Or if they disappear. I had no idea that was his wife in real life!

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Catch-up said:
Coming late to the game as usual, but I finally saw the 3rd season! :laugh: Really enjoyed all of the episodes.

Loved the wedding speech! That whole episode made me laugh out loud many times. And I love the Mary twist in the last episode. I really liked her character a lot. Tony, I hope you're wrong about she and the baby dying, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Or if they disappear. I had no idea that was his wife in real life!
Me too, I finally got to see S3. The wedding episode is a stand out.

janet

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2009
North East England
For no other reason than I'm feeling disillusioned - someone told me that Benedict Cumberbatch is not as tall as Sherlock seems to be on t'telly. Surely not! This cannot be all smoke and mirrors :eek: o_O

The Mad Collector said:
janet said:
Benedict Cumberbatch is not as tall as Sherlock seems to be on t'telly.
Having met him I can confirm that he is about 6 feet tall, maybe a little less, so taller than me but definitely shorter than Mc who was with me at the time. :laugh:

Edit
Martin Freeman is only 5'6" so that helps Benedict look taller ;)
Oooo yes, the first thing that jumped to mind when I saw him was John's line from the Wedding episode "He's not as tall as people think" :laugh:
According to IMDb he's 6' (183 cm)

janet

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2009
North East England
Happy to know that i was misinformed and Benedict is indeed as tall as I thought he was.
Martin Freeman is perfectly Hobbit-sized :laugh: :laugh:
(Most people are taller than me. I'm about 5' 3" these days)

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
I always thought Benedict was tall because he's the same(ish) height as Mark Gatiss who I know is over 6 feet. I'm terrible at that sort of thing though.

Martin Freeman is perfection itself.

A while ago I watched bits of the 'making of' Ironman and saw Downy Junior on a raised walkway next to Gwyneth Paltrow. I'm ashamed to say I burst out laughing. I've nothing against shortness, I'm the short side of average, it was just an odd & unexpected sight.

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
Don't ever wish to be less tall mC. Embrace your elevation!

My sister is a 6 footer. I would hope it's less picked-on now but she was bullied at school for her height. She developed a terrible slouch and it took a lot as an adult to correct it.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter