Sherlock

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
It was very much based on the Milverton story and

at the end to keep to the original story Sherlock had to kill him as in the original he destroys the archive of material Milverton was using for blackmail. As in this version it is entirely in his mind then the only way to destroy it was by killing him

Love the casting as well

with Martins real wife playing Mary and Benedicts actual parents playing his parents :laugh:

Slantaholic

Lance-Corporal
Jun 1, 2013
UK
www.fanfiction.net
I have to copy and paste a bit about how many actors they cast that they knew or were related to. *heads back to livejournal* Here it is from a Sherlock fan.

xanthe from livejournal replied back to me with:

The whole thing is a giant family affair apparently - Beryl Vertue, who produces it, is SM's mother in law. SM's wife, Sue Vertue, is a producer too. I didn't really mind about BC's real parents as they are both rather good actors in their own right, and they fit the parts well.
This was after that I learnt from the same LJ user that Steven Moffat's son played young Sherlock.

Nepotism abounds!

Toothy

City Watch
Jul 26, 2008
England
I recently went on a Sherlock Holmes walk in London. Fascinating information about the various films and series, including the latest. For example, if you watch episode 1 of the first series, you'll see Watson and companion sitting on a park bench drinking coffee from a takeaway cup as he first hears about someone looking for a roommate. On the side of the cup is the word Criterion. This is the name of the restaurant in Piccadilly Circus where, in the books, Watson first hears mention of Holmes. There are apparently quite a few similar nods to the novels like that. :laugh:

Freebie

Lance-Constable
Feb 10, 2014
England
Oooh! that sounds intriguing! I never really get to go to these kinds of things - maybe if the timing is right I could consider it... if I had someone to go with. Hmm... :think:

I like the series and the original books. :) I think the third series wasn't so good as the other two. Needs another watch, mind! :laugh:

Bouncy Castle said:
You need to win the lottery, Mici!!
Will be difficult, I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life :p I've never even won ANYTHING with those little cards you have to scratch stuff away on to see if "three symbols match" or "if you have a crown, you've won!"... always get one of those for my birthday, I do like the scratching part though :)

User Menu

Newsletter