The Colour of Magic Movie

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Hope it comes out on DVD here soon. I've seen clips, don't think David Jason makes a good Rincewind - for all the reasons already stated. And, I don't like Jeremy Irons as the Patrician. I think his portrayal makes Vetinari look silly, and he's anything but!

Pita

Lance-Constable
Sep 7, 2008
I saw it on a big screen :)
Rincewind's comments about Twoflower at the end felt incredibly long and tedious.
The villain looked exactly like an older me.
And I liked Jeremy Irons as the Patrician. Even though he speaks like Elmer Fudd. He should loose the Fudd and then he shall be Vetinari Incarnate. A friend of mine mentioned that he should just use his Scar voice.
I liked Jason, but I felt that Rincewind should be younger. I liked the whole "cowering constantly, about to wet himself" bit about him, but he just is too old for Rincewind.
Also, I figured out what they should do if they make an Interesting Times movie.
Twoflower's daughters will look Asian, as will the rest of the Agatean Empire, and this will be handwaved as "Twoflower is adopted, but his daughters aren't."

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
I saw it on Sky, last Christmas wasn't it?
Anyway I want the DVD. Does anyone know when it's going to be released?
Sorry if it's been said already on this thread, I haven't seen the post.

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk
This is the information I have about the US TV premiere:

The Colour of Magic will get its US television premiere on ION
television on November 23 at 7pm ET. The four-hour show will be
broadcast in its entirety in the one evening.

ION Television (http://www.iontelevision.com) is a general
entertainment network which reaches over 94 million U.S. television
households via its nationwide broadcast television, cable and
satellite distribution systems.

No DVD details yet though, sorry.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Jason said:
This is the information I have about the US TV premiere:

The Colour of Magic will get its US television premiere on ION
television on November 23 at 7pm ET. The four-hour show will be
broadcast in its entirety in the one evening.

ION Television (http://www.iontelevision.com) is a general
entertainment network which reaches over 94 million U.S. television
households via its nationwide broadcast television, cable and
satellite distribution systems.

No DVD details yet though, sorry.
Cool! :laugh: I thought we didn't get ION, but I checked the website and we do! Thanks for the link. :laugh:

I'm trying to remember how long it took between the Hogfather showing on tv here and the dvd release, but I'm drawing a blank.

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
steeljam said:
Jason said:
The four-hour show will be broadcast in its entirety in the one evening.
That is some marathon. Equates to the LotR DVDathon I did when I was off work ill. :laugh:
You should try it with the extended editions. Lynne and I tried it. I can't remember if we got through it all in one sitting but, I'm sure we broke off before Return of the King and got out the house and went for a meal before going home and we either finished it then or left it till the next day.

aichtay

Lance-Constable
Oct 30, 2008
Somewhere on the disc
Horray!

I missed it when it was aired on tv in the UK because I was in America! Just had an email from amazon to say my pre ordered dvd has been dispatched - horray, can't wait to see it - I'm sure it'll be fab, does Terry have another cameo in this one? So excited, just hope all you grumpy ppl havn't spoilt it for me, then again its my own stupid fault for reading this thread really. :oops:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Pita said:
And I liked Jeremy Irons as the Patrician. Even though he speaks like Elmer Fudd. He should loose the Fudd and then he shall be Vetinari Incarnate. A friend of mine mentioned that he should just use his Scar voice.
I agree! However, I think Powers Booth (I think that's his name :oops: ) would make an excellent Vetinari. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter