What Are You Reading 2

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I took a copy of Unadulterated Cat to Sharlene in Tucson. She loved it, but was annoyed to discover that the book wasn't available in the US. She contacted her friend at Harper Collins about it, but it never came to anything.

I'm sure Americans would love the book too. :laugh:

If you enjoyed Unadulterated Cat, you might want to see if you can find a copy (out of print now) of The Silent Miaow by Paul Gallico - it's a delightfully funny book and, like Unadulterated Cat, very true. Any cat owner will recognise this one. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Penfold said:
The Unadulterated Cat is a masterpiece of humorous writing and so true on every level of cat ownership. :laugh: It's also a book that no-one has returned after I lent it out (Gone through six or seven copies now to non Pratchett fans). :eek:
Cat burglars? :laugh:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
BatrickPatrick said:
Portrait of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde
Read it. I was surprised at how easily the words came off the page. Most books that I read that were written before 1950 have rather stiff language that doesn't roll off the page easily. Good story, too. Gave it 9/10, I believe. :)

BTW, it's Dorian Gray. Sorry.

Selkie

Lance-Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
A Dying Light in Corduba. I'm on a Falco jag at the moment and rereading all 20 of them in order - so only another 12 to go. (And hoping I still have them all on my shelves and they haven't wandered off to my sisters.)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Selkie said:
A Dying Light in Corduba. I'm on a Falco jag at the moment and rereading all 20 of them in order - so only another 12 to go. (And hoping I still have them all on my shelves and they haven't wandered off to my sisters.)
Selkie, did you ever see the interview with Lindsey Davis that Poisoned Pen Publishers did? :laugh:

Really well worth a look, as are many of their other interviews. :laugh: The Bernard Cornwell one is particularly good. ;)

Selkie

Lance-Corporal
Jul 25, 2008
No, Tony, I haven't. And I'm not seeing it now either since my crappy internet is on a crappy go slow and won't load the page. :devil: I shall save it for later though :)

AgnesOgg

Lance-Corporal
Jun 10, 2009
Bergen, Norway
I once sent an e-mail to lindsey davis telling her how much I enjoyed her books, and got a very sweet reply :laugh: I shall have a look at the interview Tony linked to :) she seems to be an entertaining and intelligent person :)

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Just finished Equal Rites as a rereading. Strange. I have enjoyed rereading alot of the DW books and found things in them I didn't the first time around.... but wasn't that impressed this time around.... still a good book mind.... but as a rereading... I was disappointed. Maybe its where my head is right now.

But as always.... laughed out loud at some wonderful lines.

Oh and Tina? I heard you all through the book when Granny was talking to the housekeeper at the uni. :laugh: (your posts on occassion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter