What Would You Like To See?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
I concur, it is about time Carrot and Angua got married.

The death of Vetinari - unless he is a Vampire, or he comes back as a Zombie thus taking that Zombie lawyer of his perch.

Sally and Otto to get together.

Perhaps we can see a parody of the Eurovision Song Contest too, as that seems like a too good an opportunity to pass up. :twisted:

And, perhaps Vetinari has a child... I'd love to see what Ankh Morpork would make of the straightest politician having a dark secret after all!

Oh, and who can forget Foul Ole Ron. He's got to have a book all to himself.

Oh there is so many! What about television? Do the citizens of DW have television yet or trains?

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Having just finished "Once more with footnotes", I loved the short discworld stories. What I'd like to see is a book of short stories based on where are they now/what are they doing Discworld characters. For example Twoflower, Esk (in Tiffany's next book), Imp y Celyn, Victor (MP) etc etc.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
poohbcarrot said:
Having just finished "Once more with footnotes", I loved the short discworld stories. What I'd like to see is a book of short stories based on where are they now/what are they doing Discworld characters. For example Twoflower, Esk (in Tiffany's next book), Imp y Celyn, Victor (MP) etc etc.
Terry has stated that Esk will be in his next book. :)

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
I read this thread so knew about Esk in the next Tiffany book - that's why I put the bit in brackets. It was an example of an old character that we don't know what happened to.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
poohbcarrot said:
I read this thread so knew about Esk in the next Tiffany book - that's why I put the bit in brackets. It was an example of an old character that we don't know what happened to.
Doh! :oops: I don't know how I didn't see that when I responded to your post. Sorry. :oops:

I can only blame the fact that I was posting 'BC' - Before Coffee. :laugh:

Dec 15, 2008
Norway
Want to see Nobby as the Discworlds first "the bachelor"...
Maybe, somewhere in that story, put in an Igor, Foul ol' Ron and Carrot as well (I mean, it's never gonna last between him and Angua - let's face it).
Would love to see Nobby doing a rose ceremony :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I must say that I did enjoy seeing the young Vetinari in the Assassins' Guild in Night Watch. And my favourite bit of Pyramids is that beginning bit at the Guild. :)

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
I love reading about Vetinari.
He's so devious that I'm relieved he's not real ... I think ... although it's a shame that we have to suffer mime artists.
Perhaps we could adopt some of Vetinari's 'Laws'?

Skazz

Apr 1, 2009
I'd love to see another Lu'Tze book, maybe set in the Empire or the mountains? The early history of Lu'Tze perhaps?

Another one I'd love to see is a book about/closely involving one of Vetinari's dark clerks, the whole spying thing is interesting!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Jan Van Quirm said:
Thanks v. much WWD! I can't shake the image of Russ Abbott as Basildon Bond now! :x

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well I thought I'd managed to shake it, but thank you Jan, now I'm stuck with it. I couldn't stand Russ Abbot. :x

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Tonyblack said:
Jan Van Quirm said:
Thanks v. much WWD! I can't shake the image of Russ Abbott as Basildon Bond now! :x

Well I thought I'd managed to shake it, but thank you Jan, now I'm stuck with it. I couldn't stand Russ Abbot. :x
I'm no fan Tony - he pushed in front of me at the duty free perfume counter at Gatwick once! :x

I nearly didn't recognise him - not until after I gave him a really filthy look. He's really bald in RL! :twisted:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Jan Van Quirm said:
Tonyblack said:
Jan Van Quirm said:

I'm no fan Tony - he pushed in front of me at the duty free perfume counter at Gatwick once! :x

I nearly didn't recognise him - not until after I gave him a really filthy look. He's really bald in RL! :twisted:
That's what I've heard about him - that he was very rude. I can't remember who it was now, but someone I know saw him and asked for his autograph. It did it but really grudgingly. :devil:

User Menu

Newsletter