Black Covers (Sorry if this has already been done!)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tristan

Lance-Corporal
Aug 16, 2009
I think we're just used to Kirby - for many his covers are a part of the Discworld and anything looks bland compared to them.

But I have to agree with stripy_tie. The black covers have are just as charming, especially in regards to the Death books. The fact I can imagine them on a shel somewhere in Death's domain says enough. :laugh: I'd love to have those five (Mort - Thief of Time).

I'm also a big fan of the new Tiffany covers. I love seeing Tiffany with the different witches, the 4 colours/elements, the little details... Better than the originals.

Anyway, I like all the UK covers. US on the other hand... blergh. :p

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Tristan said:
I think we're just used to Kirby - for many his covers are a part of the Discworld and anything looks bland compared to them.

But I have to agree with stripy_tie. The black covers have are just as charming, especially in regards to the Death books. The fact I can imagine them on a shel somewhere in Death's domain says enough. :laugh: I'd love to have those five (Mort - Thief of Time).

I'm also a big fan of the new Tiffany covers. I love seeing Tiffany with the different witches, the 4 colours/elements, the little details... Better than the originals.

Anyway, I like all the UK covers. US on the other hand... blergh. :p
Not a fan of the US covers at all. but oddly they stuck with the Kidby cover this time. :laugh:

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
Any black cover NIGHTWATCH out there yet, does anyone know?

I only seem to able to find the kindle cover so far. :x

Managed to get all my others though! Wahoo!

Getting stressed now! :rolleyes: I only need the one and flippin Eric as well of course!

Tristan

Lance-Corporal
Aug 16, 2009
meerkat said:

Getting stressed now! :rolleyes: I only need the one and flippin Eric as well of course!
You should upload photo's! I deffinately wanna see how they look on your shelf. :)) Where do you buy them and at what price?

stripy_tie

Lance-Corporal
Oct 21, 2011
Guernsey, Land of Sea and Granite
meerkat said:

Yeah, amazon had the image for the Thud black cover with night watch written on it (i'm still baffled as to how this happened). I reported the mistake and they removed the image.

What makes it even stranger is that the original image they had for the listing was actually correct.

winther

Lance-Constable
May 18, 2009
Denmark, Europe
Black covers (Updated)

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my copy of Night Watch in the post today. It seems it was delayed with 14 days or so from the rest of the rest (eg monstrous regiment, unseen academicals etc).

I now have all the black cover editions, including the 4 tiffany aching books, the maurice book, and good omens. YAY!!!

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
I have it a black cover. Prod Waterstones or go on thier on line shop.* I say Waterstones cos that's where rI got mine from. Amazon has it too!

Tony is right, it's not a discworld book, but the black cover does look good along side them!

* There are other book shops who would do this.

stripy_tie

Lance-Corporal
Oct 21, 2011
Guernsey, Land of Sea and Granite
Re: Black covers (Updated)

winther said:
Just wanted to let you all know that I got my copy of Night Watch in the post today. It seems it was delayed with 14 days or so from the rest of the rest (eg monstrous regiment, unseen academicals etc).

I now have all the black cover editions, including the 4 tiffany aching books, the maurice book, and good omens. YAY!!!
You have the monstrous regiment black cover? from where? that's one of the few i haven't been able to locate and i thought it hadn't been printed yet.

I know Maurice was out there briefly but amazon stopped selling it almost immediately.

The only other currently not available (excluding Eric which i doubt we'll ever see) seems to be Going Postal, i think it has something to do with the movie edition, they probably don't want to be selling 3 editions of the same book at the same time.

winther

Lance-Constable
May 18, 2009
Denmark, Europe
I ordered my books from adlibris (an online bookstore for the scandinavian countries).

I got Monstrous Regiment, Going Postal, Making Money, Unseen Academicals and I Shall Wear Midnight in the first package, which arrived at my home mid-october. Night watch was delivered a few days ago along with Good Omens.

Amazing Maurice, Wee Free Men, Hat Full of Sky, Thud and Wintersmith have also been released in black cover. Dont know if the tiffany aching books and Maurice is still available --- i'm glad that i ordered them as soon as they were released via amazon.

Yesterday I ordered Nation at Waterstones online store. so i now have all the main books etc in the black cover versions.

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
I went into Waterstones on line store to order The Amazing Maurice in the black cover. They wanted £25+ for it! :eek:

It only costs £7.99!!!!

I went into Amazon and as long as I can wait for 5-8 weeks I can get it for £7.19 prime delivery i,e, free postage.

Large difference in price!

User Menu

Newsletter